Healthy strays must be taken to your local animal shelter. There are no exceptions to this policy. All injured or sick strays should be brought in by the Animal Control Officer (ACO) or police officer of the municipality where the animal was found. Please contact the town office and speak with the ACO or a police officer to determine how to proceed. They may give you permission to bring the animal in for treatment. Please do not bring the animal in unless permission has been granted. If the municipality does not take responsibility, the good samaritan will be held medically and financially responsible.