SAFETY PROTOCOL REGARDING COVID-19
Masks are currently required while inside PVESC at both our Warren Ave. and Congress St. Locations. Masks are also required during curbside service. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We will continue to follow state and national CDC Guidelines.
We appreciate your understanding and kindness when dealing with our staff, who continue to work tirelessly to provide the best possible care for your furry family member.
Thank you for trusting Portland Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Care. Our goal is to stay healthy so we can continue to care for your pets. We appreciate your cooperation, understanding, and patience with the following policies:
You Must Be Healthy to Bring Your Pet
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 -such as fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, have tested positive and/or are in quarantine, regardless of vaccination status please reschedule your routine appointment. If your pet must be seen on emergency basis, please stay home and send your pet to the appointment with a healthy individual.
What to Expect When You Arrive
- We appreciate your understanding and patience with the adjustments being made during our reopening process. Our goal is to stay healthy so we can continue to care for your pet.
- Park: Please pull into a parking space and stay in your car. Each parking spot is numbered.
- Call: Call us at 207-878-3121, option 1 for Emergency, option 2 for scheduled surgery, option 3 for ophthalmology and dermatology, option 4 for all other specialties. Tell the client service representative (CSR) your name, your pet’s name, the reason for visit, your mobile phone number, and your parking spot number or car description.
- Fill out the form: The CSR will ask you if you’ve completed the online Client Information Sheet. If you haven’t filled out the form, you can do so online, or a printed version is available on a clipboard by the front door. Paper forms can be left in the appropriate spot on the table.
- Await our call: It is important for you to keep your mobile phone with you — and to stay off your phone — so you can answer when we attempt to reach you through mobile communication. The technician assigned to your pet will call you to acquire a thorough history for your visit. At that time, they will discuss our current safety protocol regarding COVID-19.
- Masking: Masks may still be required on a case-by-case basis. Please be respectful of the requests from the individual providing your pet’s care.
- Curbside Option: Please alert the staff to your preference if you would prefer a curbside appointment.
- Bring your pet to the door: Once your exam room is ready, the technician will ask you to bring your pet and meet them at the tent or specialty awning depending on your reason for visit. They will guide you to your exam room. Only 2 (two) people will be permitted inside for the visit. After the initial exam, you may be asked to return to your car while your pet receives diagnostics or treatments.
Please wear a mask and maintain a 6-foot social distance from our staff.
Payment will be taken in person or over the phone (credit card, Care Credit, Scratch Pay). If you wish to pay by cash, please let the CSR know. Your invoice will be emailed to you. Checks are not accepted. Please be aware, a 50% (Fifty Percent) deposit is required for the higher end of the estimate. The deposit must be taken prior to diagnostics and treatment being performed.