SAFETY PROTOCOL REGARDING COVID-19
Thank you for trusting Portland Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Care. Our goal is to stay healthy so we can continue to care for your pets. We appreciate your cooperation, understanding, and patience with the following policies:
You Must Be Healthy to Bring Your Pet
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status — such as fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea or vomiting or diarrhea — please reschedule your routine appointment. If your pet must be seen, please stay home and send your pet to the appointment with a healthy individual.
Curbside Appointments — What to Do When You Arrive
- We appreciate your understanding and patience with the continuation of curbside appointments. Our goal is to stay healthy so we can continue to care for your pets.
- Park: Please pull into a parking space and stay in your car. Each parking spot is numbered (unless signs have been removed due to snow).
- Call: Call us: 207-878-3121, option 1 for Emergency, option 2 for scheduled surgery, option 3 for ophthalmology and dermatology, option 4 for all other specialties, and tell the client service representative (CSR) your name, your pet’s name, your mobile phone number, and your parking spot number or car description.
- Fill out the form: The CSR will ask you if you’ve completed the online Client Information Sheet form. If you haven’t filled out the form, you can do so online, or a printed version is available on a clipboard by the front door. Paper forms can be left in the appropriate spot on the table. Please wear a mask at all times.
- Await our call: It is important for you to keep your mobile phone with you — and to stay off your phone — so you can answer when we call. The technician assigned to your pet will call you to gather information, such as history and clinical signs.
- Bring your pet to the door: The technician will ask you to remove your pet from your car when the doctor is ready to see your pet and may ask you to walk your pet to a specific spot to meet them. The technician will come outside to get your pet and will bring your pet into the office.
- Return to your car: The doctor will call you after the examination, or come outside to speak with you, to discuss the examination findings and treatment plan suggestions. You will be invoiced directly from your car, and given any prescriptions when your pet is returned to you.
Wear a mask and maintain a 6-foot social distance from our staff
When our technicians, CSRs, and doctors come to speak to you, get your pet, or gather forms, it is imperative that you wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
Payment will be taken over the phone (credit card, Care Credit, Scratch Pay). If you wish to pay by cash, please let the CSR know. Your invoice will be emailed to you. Checks are not accepted.
There is a port-a-potty available in our parking lot at our Warren Avenue location. At both of our locations, there is an Irving Gas Station nearby that allows people to enter to use their restroom.