Toxins/Poisons

Our pets can mistakenly consume something toxic or unsuitable for their metabolisms or become exposed to toxic substances. No matter the issue, we are here for your pet. Please call us first so we can help you determine if your pet needs emergency care, and if there is anything you should do before transporting your pet to us. Common toxins or poisons requiring treatment include: 

  • Chocolate
  • Raisins or grapes (dogs only)
  • Lilies (cats only)
  • Sugar-free gum containing xylitol
  • Mushrooms
  • Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDS)
  • Human medications
  • Household chemicals
  • Antifreeze
  • Rat poison
  • Marijuana or other drug exposure